Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Joslin Medals

The Joslin Diabetes Center offers medals to people with type 1 diabetes who have completed 50, 75 and 80 years. There is also a certificate for 25 years.
The Joslin medals are available all over the world. People in many countries have the 50 year Joslin medal.
It is necessary to prove that you have been T1 for 50 years when you apply for the Joslin medal. Verification from a hospital or a doctor is ideal, but some people do not have that information. I was told by a medalist that you can have 2 or 3 people who knew you the year you were diagnosed to write letters about what they remember from that year. Those letters are usually accepted as sufficient proof. My sister and a cousin wrote letters for me, and i received my 50 year medal with their help.
Here is the link for applying for these medals. A printable form of the application appears on the link page.

No comments:

Post a Comment